Do you have questions. We have answers! We’ve put together some of the most frequently asked questions about the Theaterfolk – our plays, our resources, and more. Read on to learn more about how we are committed to being your only resource company for theater teachers.
I need a play, but I don’t know where to start.
- You can use the filters on our site render pages to sort by game length, cast size, genre, experience level, and more to help narrow down some options.
- Use the search function to search for a title, playwright, or theme to provide more options.
- Do you need a recommendation? We have real and living people on us Live chat ready to help!
I’m tired of the same old pieces that were made a million times before.
- We have you covered! Our pieces are written especially for high school and middle school students. They are age-appropriate without being “children” and have relevant and relevant topics with modest technical requirements.
How do I know if I’m going to like a certain song?
- You can read approx. 90% of all free games by clicking the Free Sample Pages button on any playback page.
- You can also order a single physical script or a PDF preview script so that you can read the entire track before deciding if it works for your group.
We found a piece that interests us – what should I order?
- Superb question! Order a full set of physical scenarios (one for each cast member) or a script distribution license (PDF digital script that you can download / distribute) plus a performance royalty for each performance offered / shown to an audience of any kind . This is important! An audience is what triggers the need for a performance royalty; it doesn’t matter if the public pays or not.
We don’t do a performance, but I need plays to study in class.
Where can I find more information about a song?
- All our pieces you have a lot of information on the individual game page: approx. running time, distribution breakdown, character description and number of lines, play labels (costumes, sets, subgenres, warnings, themes, features, etc.), props lists, awards and accolades, production photos, and more. Ugh!
Our drama program does not have a large budget for productions. Can you help?
- The vast majority of our pieces are designed to be played with simple sets, costumes and minimal technical requirements – so you can focus on the pieces and the performers.
I’ve found a lot of great pieces that interest me, but I’m not ready to order them. How do I make sure I can find them later?
- Just log in to (or create) your own Theaterfolk user account. Then click the “Add to wish list” button on the individual game page or search results page. It’s so easy!
Maybe I should change some genres in a certain piece because of my group. I can do this?
- Many of our tracks already include flexible genre options to give you some great casting options.
- You can also check the individual playback pages for tracks that contain the following note in the Distribution section:
The characters in this play are currently identified as male or female. Directors are welcome to assign any gender (binary or non-binary) to any character and change the pronoun accordingly.
I have to make changes or cuts to the script because of my restrictions on administration or competition. How do I ask for that?
- Any changes to the text must be approved by the individual playwright. You can send us a detailed list of changes or reductions via Live chat or at [email protected] and we will work with the playwright to obtain any feedback and / or approval.
We are not sure if we will sing in person or online. What are our options?
- Our performance royalties cover shows offered live, online, or streamed (live or pre-recorded) – a fee for each show, regardless of platform. You can find out more about us Performance options here.
Can I get a quote?
- Of course! Just add the items you want to make your car; then select the “I need a quote” option when you reach the Billing Options page, then complete the order completion process and submit your request. You should receive it within 24 hours – probably sooner!
I have placed an order for a license and royalties – how long do I have to wait to receive them?
- We usually process orders within 24 hours of receiving them.
I’ve already purchased a play, but I need to change the date of the show.
I’m looking for a previous order / quote / script that I ordered, but can’t find it.
- Log in to (or create) your own Theaterfolk user account (using the email address with which you placed your order) and click on Order History, Shelf, or Saved Quotes to find all previous order information there.
- In addition, we are always available through us Live chat.
Can I place an order on the phone?
- For privacy reasons, we do not receive telephone orders. However, you can place your order online using a purchase order or credit card. Here is all the information you have to start.
I’m looking for some activities, exercises and resources for my theater class. Can you help?
- Of course! we four great options to check:
- Teaching resources: Quality resources available in print or digital format for your classroom
- Resources for the Theaterfolk blog: Hundreds of free articles, exercises, activities, and more on a variety of topics
- Free resources: Real free stuff you can use in the theater class!
- Theater Teachers Academy: Join our subscription-based online site, which offers comprehensive curriculum plans, educational resources, PLC and professional development opportunities designed specifically for high school and high school theater teachers.
I like free stuff – what can you do about it?
When I ask a question, how do I know I’m not just getting automatic answers?
- Trust us – we are lively, happy people with caffeine monitoring us Live chat conversations and you will receive a specific, personal answer to your individual question. We have a dedicated one Specialist in popular plays / resources and an incredible Project manager at the Academy of Theater Teachers ready to help!
I have another question that is not answered here. Who am I addressing?
- You guessed it – the quickest and easiest way to get an answer is to weave ours Live chat. Real people who are happy to help!
Want to know more about our latest songs, resources and gifts?
Get on our list!